Thomas Rhett’s first of two album’s he’s releasing this year is due out on Friday (April 1), and the “Slow Down Summer” singer narrowed down the track list with the help of his kids. Rhett had dozens of songs to consider for his new project, Where We Started, which includes 15 tracks.
In a new interview with PEOPLE, Rhett said his kids inspired his frequent songwriting during the pandemic. That’s why the girls had a chance to weigh in on the final cut. The country hitmaker told PEOPLE:
“I started playing the record and I kept taking notes of the ones they wanted to listen to over and over again. There were five or six on there that now when we get in the car, my 2-year-old will be like, ‘Play daddy song, daddy song.’ And if it's not one of those six, even if it's an older song of mine or a newer one, those are the only six that she cares about. So those made it on the record for sure.”
Rhett and his wife of nearly 10 years, Lauren Akins, are parents to four girls: Willa Gray (6), Ada James (4), Lennon Love (2) and Lillie Carolina, born in November. See the Where We Started track list here:
1. "The Hill" | Lori McKenna, Jordan Reynolds, Emily Weisband
2. "Church Boots" | Thomas Rhett, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley, Ernest Keith Smith
3. "Bass Pro Hat" | Thomas Rhett, Matt Dragstrem, Joshua Miller, Josh Thompson
4. "Anything Cold” | Thomas Rhett, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley, Shane McAnally
5. “Angels” | Thomas Rhett, Julian Bunetta, Jaten Dimsdale, Josh Thompson
6. "Half Of Me" (featuring Riley Green) | Thomas Rhett, Rhett Akins, Will Bundy, Josh Thompson
7. "Bring The Bar” | Thomas Rhett, Rhett Akins, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley, Parker Welling
8. "Paradise" | Thomas Rhett, Matt Dragstrem, Ernest Keith Smith, Josh Thompson
9. "Death Row” (featuring Tyler Hubbard, Russell Dickerson) | Thomas Rhett, Zach Crowell, Ashley Gorley
10. "Mama’s Front Door" | Thomas Rhett, Matt Dragstrem, Ashley Gorley, Chase McGill
11. "Slow Down Summer” | Thomas Rhett, Rhett Akins, Sean Douglas, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley
12. "Simple As A Song” | Thomas Rhett, Luke Laird, Josh Thompson
13. "Us Someday” | Thomas Rhett, Rhett Akins, Jesse Frasure, Amy Wadge
14. "Somebody Like Me” | Thomas Rhett, Rhett Akins, Matt Dragstrem, Josh Thompson
15. "Where We Started (with Katy Perry) | Thomas Rhett, Jon Bellion, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley
Where We Started is set to release Friday (April 1), followed by Country Again: Side B later this year. The soon-to-release album is getting its own exclusive iHeartCountry Album Release Party, hosted by Bobby Bones. Fans can listen and tune in free for a stream of the exclusive iHeartCountry Album Release Party with Rhett on Monday, April 4th at 7pm PT local time via iHeartRadio's official YouTube channel. Fans can also listen to the show via iHeartRadio's iHeartCountry Radio channel.
Rhett is one of many artists included in the star-studded lineup at the iHeartCountry Festival presented by Capital One, set for May 7 in Austin, Texas. Fans can tune in and stream the 2022 iHeartCountry Festival on iHeartMedia's Country music radio stations in local markets across the country, as well as on iHeartRadio.com and the iHeartRadio app on May 7th at 8pm ET/5pm PT (7pm CT). Tickets are on sale now via Ticketmaster.com.